Monday, June 20, 2011

It Ain't Me

I'm not the man who lets this beat him.

I'm not the man who bends his knee to the treachery of chemistry.

I'm not the man who lets you down because it's easier.

I'm not the man who will allow himself to live a life of misery out of a desire to avoid trouble.

I'm not the man who will allow himself to prove unworthy of anyone's love.

I'm not the man whose dreams get stymied by the obstacles he erects for himself.

I'm not the man who refuses to cry, but I'm not the man whose tears reduce him to rubble.

I'm not the man who will be stopped.


I'm the man who makes you laugh.

I'm the man who will amaze you with just what he's capable of.

I'm the man who will deserve your love.

I'm the man who will conquer the world with the power of the same mind that tries to trip him up.

I'm the man who stares nightmares in the face and tells them to go back to hell.

I'm the man who has seen poverty, despair, loneliness and rejection, and wrestled each one to the ground, and will again as many times as he has to.

I'm the man who shapes his own destiny.

I'm the man who lives life the way he wants to.

I'm the man who'll make you proud.

I'm the man who will climb this mountain and plant his flag on top.

I'm the man who is unstoppable.

I'm the man who knows what he wants.



I'm not the man who will let this beat him. I'm the man who will stick around to show you just what he's capable of. I'm going to win.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben,

It is said one definition of courage is the ability to live and grow with paradox; you certainly prove that.

By the end of your post I felt inspired and for that I thank you as "It was you" and you made a positive difference for me.

Kind Regards.

B.

Margaret said...

Got a bit teary reading that, Ben.

xx

Easy Peasy Kids said...

Just know you are not alone and thanks for sharing.Hugs

ultrahedonist/caitlin said...

So, so glad to read this Ben. xo

Owen said...

Ben, from one recovering depressive to another, I enthusiastically and reverently salute you. Remember to come back and read this post next time you hit the wall.

Carolyn said...

I needed that...

Thanks.

Michelle said...

xoxo

Bron said...

A-fucking-men!

Bron said...

A-fucking-men!

squib said...

You da man!

Anonymous said...

thank you

sara said...

#teamkicktheblackdogintheballs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

you're amazing, and you can do this. and we'll watch you. it won't be easy, you'll feel like you can't.. but so many of us are battling right beside you.