Thursday, August 7, 2008

The Burdens Of Office

I think possibly the most amusing thing about the current Collingwood footballers drink-driving saga - and there is plenty there to choose from - is that Eddie McGuire, when berating the playing group, told them that being president of Collingwood had cost him "four or five Gold Logies".

I suppose at this time we should take the opportunity to express our gratitude to the Collingwood Football Club for sparing us this.

He also apparently told Ben Johnson he was fat, which seems to me a little off-topic, like he became incoherent with rage and simply started spouting off random insults.

"You embarrassed me and you embarrassed the club and you're stupid and you've got to grow up and I just...I just...you're fat...you're fat and you're stupid and shut up and and and you smell and I HATE YOU!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hahahaha. Doofus, he is. Or is he? You tell me, you have shared some intimate moments together.

Anonymous said...

He could have taken a lead from John Howard's Wikipedia monitoring squad, and gone with "Poo bum dickie wee wee...."