Thursday, April 12, 2012

Hey You!

Yes, you! I got a few questions!

Do you like READING THINGS?

Do you like LAUGHING AT THINGS?

Do you like ELECTRONIC DEVICES?

Do you like - and pay close attention here - ME?

Hey, I know you're answering yes to all those questions! But I know that YOU'RE asking a question too!

You're asking, "But Ben, HOW can I satisfy ALL these preferences of mine for the INCREDIBLY LOW price of $2.99, in a convenient manner delivered instantly over the world wide web?"

OH MY GOD I HAVE THE ANSWER!



That's right! HANDY LATIN PHRASES!

Handy Latin Phrases is the anthology of stories and poetry, known as my equivalent of Woody Allen's "Early, funny stuff" that I self-published several years ago. You can still get it as an old-fashioned dead-tree edition, but NOW! FOR THE FIRST TIME! ON AMAZON! You can get it as a Kindle eBook! For $2.99!

Only $2.99? Why you'd be cruel and foolish NOT to buy it am I right?

Haha! Of course I am!

Go buy it NOW!

6 comments:

squib said...

'Handy Latin Phrases' is not really a latin phrase book at all but a genre-defying, satirising, parodying, poetic, prosaic, witty, intelligent, surprising, absurd, tragic, ripping, rollicking, neo post modern literary tour de force. Every book should be like this one

(also, Ben, your FB status does not show on my wall. Why is this? I only get updates when you comment on your status)

squib said...

PS. also, I was looking forward to your take on Pell/Dawkins. Did I miss it?

Ben Pobjie said...

Squib, the mysteries of Facebook are far beyond my ken.

Ben Pobjie said...

Also, my take on Pell/Dawkins was something like this:

"OH MY GOD HE IS SO FUCKING STUPID SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP WHY DO THEY KEEP TALKING TO THIS STUPID FUCKING CREEP AS IF HE IS A PROPER PERSON SHUT UP YOU SMUG MORONS ACTING LIKE YOU JUST SCORED A POINT WHY ARE YOU ALL SO FUCKING STUPID HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE ONE OF THESE MEN IS VERY SMART AND ONE IS VERY STUPID AND WHY DOESN'T PELL FUCK OFF AND DIE OH MY GOD I AM GOING TO KILL MYSELF"

A bit like that.

squib said...

yes!

thanks!

Doug Quixote said...

Ben, while watching Pell and Dawkins I pondered what a good debater like Hitchens would have done to Pell. Dawkins was too polite. Chris is sadly missed. We need men like you too - don't even think about it.

PS Ellis has forgotten that you told him he could publish your send up of him and Williamson, with suitable attribution. Please tell the poor old bugger again, would you? Ta.